Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mother Daughter Relationships

A lot of people have asked me about my relationship with my mom and I am glad to say we have a great relationship. There's been a few girls that I have met throught my time that say they wish they had a relationship like mine and my mom's. I find it kind of sad that not everyone has a good relationship with their mom.

My mom and I weren't always so close though, growing up I was a difficult child. I'm a chip off the block when it comes to my mom, in other words I'm just like her. So, of course we bud heads a lot, neither of us willing to admit we were wrong. We use to always argue, we're both very strong independent people and don't like hearing anything if it's not our way. We didn't always argue but when we did it was all hell let loose.

But, as I grew older I learned to be less hot headed and more patient. I always did as my mom had told me, and I always told the truth. I learned that she's my mom and she's always right even when I can't see it. Once I learned that it was just easier to let things go, things ran more smoothly. Since, the fighting stopped and I was always quick to do as she said we had gotten along more better. Then, we started talking more and more finding more things in common with one another. Our relationship was growing.

I learned to listen, be patient, honest, hard working, and caring: were essential things that had made our relationship grow.  A good relationship is a work in progress that takes two. Me and my mom have the strongest relationship that I'm proud of, because I know I worked for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment